Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Over the past few days, I have felt it. The words are waiting to pour out of me. I am not sure what provoked it exactly - teenage drama in my household? Stress at work? Illness in my family? Unrest in my soul? Whatever the culprit, the words are bubbling - waiting to escape. Do I write an advice column? My students think I should write a book full of advice - apparently I have had some life experiences that have made my "wisdom" valuable - or humorous - not sure which.

Or, do I write about reaching this point in my life - do I finally get it? Is there really such a thing as a mid-life crisis? If so, am I in the middle of it? Is this what crisis looks like? Gosh, I hope not. I just have a few things I need to figure out. Like do I go on a diet and drink Medifast shakes and drop weight in metaphorical snap of my fingers, or do I join Weight Watchers? Or join a gym? Or eat a chocolate bar? Whatever it is, I need to get over my inhibitions. I am ready to bear my soul - I am just worried about who I might offend in the meantime. Will my teenager be ready for aspects of her life to be shared? Will my sweet, compassionate husband be ready to listen to my rants in person and now on "paper," too?

So much to consider, so many things to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment