Thursday, June 29, 2017

Bound

I had been a member of NRBC since I was 11 years old. Though I moved away in college, and eventually joined another church once we settled in Greensboro, I came home again to NRBC when we moved back to Richmond. After 17 years of service, we felt the call to leave. It has been one of the hardest leaps of faith I have taken thus far in my life. 

As I stood among the rows of pews at SMRBC, I could feel it...a feeling of peace yet containment. A feeling of comfort in the midst of turmoil. Previously when I tried to explain what it meant to be bound in worship, I was met with confused looks. The word itself, bound, has a negative connotation. Society often thinks of bondage or restriction, however, this was not what happened with me. For me, being bound meant that I was wrapped securely in His love. I was subdued but never once defeated. I was quiet but never once silenced. I was still but never once unsteady. 

Sitting in the worship services, I have been so hungry for the Word as well as its development in my life. I look forward to this journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment